Wednesday, December 21, 2022

December 21, 2022

When I lived in Birmingham, AL, back in the late '80s and early '90s, I bought multiple copies of 45s by local artists, figuring the extra copies might fetch some $ someday. The one below includes a parody of that mid-'80s multi-artist fundraising song "Feed the World" and a good countryish original. I couldn't find any mention of the record anywhere online, so I created a listing for it on the Discogs.com site hoping other folks would chip in, and maybe list copies so that I would have an idea of what to charge for mine. Welp no such luck, so a few weeks ago I listed my extra copy, threw a dart at an imaginary dart board while standing on my head blindfolded, and came up with a real asking price of $150. I received an offer for $100 this morning, and decided that was close enough. Sometimes you just make it up as you go along.




No comments:

Post a Comment