Thursday, January 19, 2023

January 19, 2023

A new pie with an interesting-ish origin story. I baked a pumpkin pie back in early December, and had a cup-plus of filling that didn't fit into the pie shell. So I froze it. Late last week, I bought a butternut squash, and boiled and mashed a bit of it to make up the difference for this pie. I blended the old and new filling and baked the hybrid monster last night. Since a cup-plus of squash cubes turned into a half cup of mashed squash, and the recipe I was working with was for two cups of pumpkin/squash, I had some interesting conversions to calculate. Most notably, what does 1/4 of 1/8 -- 1/32 -- tsp of ground cloves look like? My best guesstimate was a generous pinch. Anyway, the finished product certainly smelled tasty when it emerged from the oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment