Friday, April 9, 2021

April 9, 2021

I was just reflecting that it's been over a year since I've been to a restaurant. On a beautiful early spring night like tonight, I would in the past have likely gone out somewhere, even by myself, just to be around others. After a week when I've been on edge a lot, struggling with the ongoing isolation of the pandemic, a couple of emotionally challenging creative projects, and the usual toxic crush of the news cycle, eating Thai food at a sidewalk table in Regent Square sounds like the perfect balm. But I'm still waiting to get vaccinatedPA Phase 2 starts the week after next, and I've scheduled my first shot for the 26thso I'm left reminding myself to breathe, and to bear in mind that all dark periods end in light sooner or later.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment